It’s great to be prepared for your first planning meeting. We’ve included some of the things that will be discussed during the planning meeting – this will give the LAC or NDIA Planner more information about you.
Section 1: ABOUT YOU
- What condition, disability/disabilities do you have?
- How does this impact your day-to-day life?
- What people or things are important to you?
- Where do you live?
- Who do you live with?
Section 2: DAILY LIFE
- What do you do each day?
- What are your interests?
- Do you have a job?
- Are there any aids or equipment that you use to do what you want each day?
Section 3: CURRENT SUPPORTS
- Tell us about the important people in your life and the community who are already supporting you. These are people who don’t work for a disability service provider. Ie. Family, friends, housemates, workmates.
- Their name
- Relationship to you
- How they are involved in your life
Section 4: COMMUNITY
- Are there any sporting clubs, community groups or other organisations you are currently involved with? How often do you participate in activities in your community? How do you get to your activities?
Section 5: IMPORTANT INFORMATION
- Things that work well
What do you enjoy about your life right now?
Is there anything you would like to change. Is there something new you would like to try?
- Other Areas
Are there any other areas of your life that you need to discuss?
Section 6: YOUR GOALS
- What are your NDIS Goals?
- Refer to Hurdle Blog Part 5 – SMART Goals for more information.
For further information on NDIS, contact Paula Oliva on 0466 213 362 or via email email@example.com.