Niddrie VIC 3042
Trades & Services – Gardening & Landscaping
Casual – Possibility of Permanent Part Time
Hurdle is a contemporary and innovative service provider, working solely with people with a disability funded with supports from the National Disability Insurance Agency. Hurdle differs from other organisations with their structure of supports. We believe that all people, no matter their disability, have the same rights and should be given the same opportunities to explore learning and work in the community.
Reporting to the Managing Director, you will be responsible for developing and implementing training and support services to Hurdle Supported Employees in gardening and landscaping activities. The role has two key areas:
- strengthening a participants’ skills and empowering them to engage in work related activities. by providing vocational guidance and support and having awareness of risks and workplace health and safety. Provide day-to-day supervision and supports for a crew of Supported Employees including:
- The assignment of daily activities.
- On the job training.
- Ensuring workplace, health and safety requirements at the worksite are fulfilled and all risks reported and either resolved or managed.
- deliver customer service excellence to Hurdle gardening customers, by building and maintaining customer relationships, managing quotes and service delivery information for reporting.
- 16 hours per week (flexible days).
- Casual – Future possibility of Part time permanent.
- Uniform provided.
- $35+ hourly rate (dependent on skills and experience).
- Previous experience in Landscaping and Gardening services.
- Work with limited supervision.
- Experience in planning, coordinating, organising and delivering works in a timely. safe manner.
- Highly developed organisational skills with the ability to manage time, work output and priorities and handle a range of tasks with competing priorities.
- Previous experience in supporting people.
- Well-developed written and oral communication skills.
- Valid driver’s license with a good driving record coupled with experience driving with a trailer.
- First Aid and CPR Certification.
- Applicants must address the selection criteria within their application.
- Completed applications can be emailed to email@example.com.
- Close July 25th, 2021.
For more information please contact Paula on 0466 213 362 or by email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Successful candidates will be required to undertake mandatory checks, including National Police Check and a Disability Workers Exclusion Check.